It's almost New Year's Eve! But, if you're pregnant during this particular holiday, you might be feeling a bit left out, since you can't pop bubbly with everyone else when the clock strikes midnight. This year, Pure Pregnancy has got you covered! Here are our top five, tried and tested, mommy approved, non alcoholic mommy mocktails for New Year's Eve! Enjoy!
1. Mommy Sparkling Champagne (Non Alcoholic)
Champagne is the traditional drink for for New Year's Eve revelers, but bubbly doesn't always have to mean alcoholic! Here are the top rated non alcoholic champagne labels, according to Town & Country Magazine:
- St Regis Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Brut
- Chateau De Fleur Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Champagnette
- Sutter Home Fre Brut Non-Alcoholic Champagne
- Señorío de la Tautila Espumoso Rosado Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Rosé
- Élivo Zero Zero Deluxe Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Wine
2. Mommy Moscow Mule (Non Alcoholic)
A Non Alcoholic Moscow Mule is a spicy and refreshing mocktail, perfect for your winter holiday party!
- 1 lime (1-2 tablespoons juice, fresh is best)
- 1 Tablespoon simple syrup
- 1/4 cup club soda
- 3-4 mint leaves (torn, optional)
- 3/4 cup Ginger Beer
- crushed ice
In the bottom of cup, pour juice from lime, simple syrup and club soda.
Add mint leaves if desired.
Fill the cup about half way with ice.
The pour about 3/4 a cup of ginger beer over the ice.
Garnish with mint leaves and a lime wedge if desired, and serve in a copper mug.
3. Mommy French 75 (Non Alcoholic)
A French 75 is a light and crisp drink, with the perfect amount of lemon and bubbly taste for your New Year's Eve!
- 2 cups ice
- 3 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 4 dashes lemon or orange bitters
- 2 (6-8oz) bottles premium tonic water (such as Fever Tree or Q Tonic)
- 2 rock candy swizzle sticks
- Add fresh lemon juice and bitters to cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake until frosty then divide into two champagne flutes.
- Top off with tonic water until it reaches about 3/4 of the way up the glass.
- Garnish with the swizzle sticks and serve immediately.
- NOTE: Can't find rock candy? Add 1 teaspoon superfine sugar along with the lemon juice and bitters in the shaker.
4. Mommy Sparkling Pear-Prosecco Punch (Non Alcoholic)
This incorporates the best winter season fruits, with a light and airy taste, with just enough bubbly to make you feel apart of the crowd on New Year's Eve!
- 4 - 5 Anjou pears, cubed
- 1 lemon's worth of juice
- 32 oz pear nectar
- 2 1/2 cups spiced apple cider (Check your produce department, that's where they keep the fresh stuff!)
- 2 liters ginger ale
- cinnamon sticks (For garnish)
- Pour all ingredients except ginger ale into a large container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour but up to 1 day, to allow the flavors to infuse.
- When ready to serve, fill a glass 1/2 to 2/3 with the infusion, then top it off with ginger ale.
5. Mommy Bellini (Non Alcoholic)
Last, but not least, the Mommy Bellini! Another satisfying drink, that has enough bubbles to taste like the real thing, while giving you great flavor!
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup peach juice
- 1 wedge lemon juice
- Agave nectar, pasteurized honey or simple syrup (to taste)
- Sparkling water
- Apple slice for garnish (optional)
- Add apple, peach and lemon juices to a champagne flute.
- Heat agave syrup (or use simple syrup) and stir in.
- Top off drink with sparkling water. To finish, wedge the apple slice on the rim.
Of course, all of these drinks can be served with a side of cheese, grapes, and Pure Pregnancy Mommy Cookies! Enjoy!